Saipan Cares for Animals is happy to be hosting a spay/neuter clinic, Dec. 1 - 14, 2016! Having your dog/cat spayed (for a girl) or neutered (for boys) provides your pet with many health benefits, and most importantly means that they cannot get pregnant which is a humane way to control the pet population.
We have our vet here for a VERY limited amount of time, and will be trying to sterilize as many animals as possible. Therefore, we have a specific way that you can reserve your space.
1. To reserve your appointment, you MUST make an appointment in person at Saipan Cares for Animals, and pay the $25 suggested donation at that time. The reason for this is that it is expensive to get our vet to Saipan, and we are trying to keep our prices as low as possible. To do that, we need to fill up 10 spots per day. If we have 10 people reserved for a day, and only 5 show up, we lose 5 very valuable spots. Therefore, we require the $25 suggested donation at the time of reserving the appointment, and this will be non-refundable.
2. The night before your appointment, please do not have your animal eat or drink after 9 pm. The reason for this is the drugs we give your pet can make them vomit, and we want their stomach to be empty. Please have your pet to Saipan Cares for Aniamls by 9 am on the day of your appointment.
3. Your animal will (HERE WE CAN DETAIL HOW THE PROCEDURE WILL GO. I NEED HELP WITH THIS.
4. If your animal is a male, we are going to give them a collar to wear so they don't lick open their stitches. This will require a $20 deposit. After you bring back your collar after 5 days, you'll get your full $20 deposit back.
5. Your animal can drink water right away, and eat the next morning.
6. Please keep your animal's stitches as clean and dry as possible. The stitches will desolve themselves. Within 2 days your aniaml should look and act normal!